As pastors, changing how we THINK and ACT is critical to our being successful in LIFE and MINISTRY!
It is our thoughts, beliefs, and attitude – not what happens around us, that cause us to feel a certain way or to do certain things. The goal of this blog post is help each reader and myself look at our current life and ministry situation and develop an understanding of the causes and objectives for change as we approach the new year.
These are the Simple Questions I’m asking myself this year, and as I move into 2013.
1. Do I personally feel that spiritually and practically I’m where God wants me to be in my ministry?
2. What has happened in my life to bring me to this point of my life and ministry?
3. What problems have I had that were the direct result of my personal attitude, choices, or poor decision making?
4. What issues do I feel have been the result of a poor prayer life or lack of prayer?
5. Is the way I’m doing ministry giving the results that I believe God is pleased with?
As we approach the NEW YEAR what changes do I feel that I need to make in order for 2013!
- In order for me be successful this coming year in my personal relationship with Christ, I need to do what?
- In order for me be successful this coming year in my personal ministry, I need to do what differently?