Is radical Islam the greatest threat to the church today? Is the socialist agenda that is being pushed today the greatest threat? Without reservation I will say NO!
Within the political climate of our day we see the Socialist, Islamic extremist, and liberal bias flooding the news, the social media, and sadly even the pulpits of America. Church leaders opening the doors to individuals that have a radical different belief to that of Christianity in order to promote Social Justice, Tolerance, and yes even harmony.
I heard it several years ago and have realized how true it is today with our current environment, “if you’re living for God people aren’t going to like it!”
I have concluded in my own personal life, and I believe it based on the foundational truths of the scripture. The greatest threat to the church today is “Casual Christian’s” … What do I mean by that statement: Just like Casual dads/mom they have a relationship with their children, but they are not providing for them or actively involved in their children’s’ lives. I think we have a lot of “Casual Christians” men/women that have met Christ but have not grown in a relationship with Christ and aren’t participating in that relationship.
I see five things that “Casual Christians” need to change!
1) Casual Christians need to stop looking for the world’s answers to their spiritual questions, they need to stop accepting every teaching that comes over social media as the gospel, and they need to stop listening to the unbiblical teaching of the day.
2) Casual Christians need to pull their Bibles out (yes, I’m talking about the paper copy) of the desk drawer, off the bookshelf, or from under the bed and read it. Write in it, study it, compare scriptures and learn what it says for you!
3) Casual Christians need to find and attend a Bible teaching church. It is time to stop attending the social club and the self-motivational church that only promotes feeling good about yourself and teaching what the social culture of the day said we should teach and ignore the truth of scripture.
4) Casual Christians need to be discipled! Hangout with mature Christians that can help you grow and walk out your Christian faith.
5) Casual Christians need to understand the facts of the Bible:
a. The Bible is the Word of God from cover to cover, and everybody will be judged by it.
b. Jesus Christ was born of the Virgin Mary and lived a sinless life on this Earth.
c. Jesus Christ died on the Cross for our Sins, and whether we like it or not; it is only through that sacrifice we will get into heaven and miss hell.
d. Jesus Christ arose from the grave on the 3rd day, and because of that event we have assurance that we will be with him in heaven if we accept him into our heart as Lord and Savior.
e. Jesus Christ defeated the devil (regardless if you believe he is real or not) and has taken away the devils power over my life.
The facts are simple! Jesus loves me, but he made the provision for my eternity through his personal will for us (written out in the Bible) … Know me (Trust Christ as Savior), Follow me (do it my way), Proclaim me (share who I am with others), Keep my Commandments (what I say you can and can’t do), and stop being a Casual Christian and become a “Active Child of the King”.